The HBPL Makerspace is a place to learn new technologies and make things using the latest equipment.
Idea to reality. We'll help you get there.
"This project was supported in whole or in part by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian."
The Makerspace is temporarily closed due to Covid-19. Check hbpl.org for library updates.
- All users must review and sign the Makerspace Use & Safety Policy in order to use the Makerspace. (Anyone under age 18 must have the forms signed by a parent.)
- All Makerspace users under 18 must have a parent or guardian present (policy to be updated 4/1/20)
- No one under the age of 8 may access the Makerspace.
- All Makerspace users must have a library card.
- Makerspace users must complete an orientation to use the 3D printers, Glowforge, sewing machines, and Cricut Maker.
- Staff and volunteers reserve the right to limit use of materials and equipment for any reason.
3D Printers (Lulzbot Taz 6 & Lulzbot Mini)
Glowforge Laser Printer
Oculus Quest (2) - Available during scheduled programs only. VR Waiver required for use.
Brother Sewing Machines (2)
CNC Machining Tools (coming soon)
You don't have to be an expert - just willing to learn. Fill out a volunteer form (link on the left side of the page) and give it to any of our Makerspace coaches. A staff member will follow up with you.